Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Sin of Pursuing Freedom or The Nail Problem (part 2)

And now for the good news! People are searching. They're looking for the solution to their "nail problem". If only I will take advantage of the opportunities. I pray that God would give me eyes to see as he sees. I possess the one thing that can remove their pain, that can heal their wound if I will but share it. I wonder if one reason we rarely get an audience with unbelievers when we bring up the Gospel is we don't show them how this truth can remove the root of their problem. And yet I find a tension here. The gospel is for them but it's not about them. They themselves are the root of the problem. Our sinfulness is the problem and I must be sure to present a gospel that does not merely point them back to themselves but to the Cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment